Please visit http://karen.stokkeland.net for the latest version of my portfolio and resume.
Art Institute of Pittsburgh - web & content
Art Institute of Pittsburgh - Flash media
Art Institute of Pittsburgh - vector/raster design
176 Horizon Ln, Candia, NH 03034
Experienced and versatile hard worker with a strong background in content management, e-commerce, layout/design, retail, sales, customer service, and marketing. Proven track record directly impacting website performance and meeting goals.
- Graphic design of promotional banners and kickers, brand awareness
- Content Management System
- Online store product management, launch coordinator, inventory, QA
- Project and team coordination
- ERP (Epicor, SAP)
- Reporting - Google Analytics, Crystal Reports, POS
- Sharepoint Portals, media libraries, site asset management
- Adobe Creative Suite 6 - Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, Acrobat, Dreamweaver
- Adobe Captivate
- Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Jan 2014 - Current
Customer Service Associate – ECCO USA, Londonderry, NH
- Answer and process consumer requests
- Order management (Demandware, SAP, Extranet)
- Identify and propose solutions/remedies to improve customer service process
- Other duties as assigned
Jul 2005 - Mar 2013
Zippo Manufacturing, Bradford, PA
Marketing Associate, Mar 2011 - Mark 2013
- Zippo.com update project 2011 team member; online store, customization options, contemporary design, dynamic content, analytics, and reporting.
- Manage online product launches, content and copy, staging and production, html/css correction/design, working closely with licensing department during project setup and workflow, completing deadlines on short and rapid schedules. This includes new products, image library designs, promotions, cross and upsells, and lifestyle categorization.
- Design, produce, supply, and deploy photography/graphics for static and promotional design objects throughout zippo.com.
- One year after website, and multiple campaign launches, we achieved positive impacts; page views up 71%, new visitors up 70%, returning visitors up 31%
- Provide reports, analytics, statistics, and create presentations and postings.
- Supply and maintain assets, and monitor all international Zippo websites.
- Review functionality of order processing, custom imaging, and engraving.
- Training of staff, content management, html/css, order system, sharepoint, and more.
- Assist with development of web and e-marketing campaigns, content management of other Zippo owned web sites. Track web, graphic, and writing requests.
Marketing Assistant, Oct 2007 - Mark 2011
- Coordinate the launches on zipporetailer.com, zippo.com, zippocasemuseum.com, and consumer email campaigns.
- Monthly sales reports, board reports, hard and electronic filing, create and maintain spreadsheets.
- Launching new products, write descriptions/text for online store, maintenance of zippocasemuseum.com and zippo.com product additions/removals, text, and taglines
- Answer calls, enter online orders for zippocasemuseum.com
- Training of new staff for POS, computer usage, product information knowledge, customer service, engraving, and repairs.
- Create and set up new displays, maintain inventory levels, general upkeep, customer service, product repairs, engraving, packaging and shipping.
- Achieved daily sales goals, working cross and upsells, and customer interaction.
- POS reporting, store open and close, credit/cash handling, deposits.
- Receptionist fill in, answering phone, directing calls, process repairs, entering data.
- Pitney Bowes, UPS and FedEx shipping.
- Hazmat certified training
BLU Assembly, Quality, Fuel Line, Emblems, Jul 2005 - Oct 2007
- Inspector and assembler of Zippo BLU butane lighter products
- Quality control assistance
- Handling and staging of supplies and products
- BLU automated manufacturing lines, fuel plant manufacturing line
- Emblem attachment/assembly
1999 - 2005
Hostess – Sports Cafe, Bradford PA
- Oversee daily operations and managed 7 staff members
- Trained new employees and ensured quality customer service
- Managed POS computer system and troubleshoot problems.
- Assisted with catering various functions, and fundraisers
- Primary contact for customer service problems
- Assigns jobs for productivity of people flow
Web Design & Interactive Media, Associate of Science degree, GPA 3.94
Apr 2012 - Mar 2014, Art Institute of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh Pennsylvania
Business, Associate of Arts degree, GPA 3.67
Apr 2005 - Mar 2007, University of Phoenix, Phoenix Arizona
|Jul 2012||Intermediate Photoshop CS5, University of Pitt, Bradford PA|
|Apr 2012||Google Analytics - Intermediate Analysis Training, Erie PA|
|Dec 2011||Advanced Microsoft Excel 2007, University of Pitt, Bradford PA|
|Nov 2011||Introduction Microsoft Excel 2007, University of Pitt, Bradford PA|
|Nov 2011||Intermediate CSS/XHTML, University of Pitt, Bradford PA|
|Sep 2011||Introduction to CSS/XHTML, University of Pitt, Bradford PA|